Distribution Day begins at 11 am with the arrival of our volunteers, the Food Bank and Walmart Trucks. The morning hours are spent in preparation, counting food, sorting vegetables, stocking the shelves, determining the distribution amounts per household, setting up the computer system, and setting up the reception areas. Home deliveries are packed and delivered, devotions are held, assignments are given and the recipient volunteers receive their food boxes. The doors open to the public at 3 pm and are open until 5:30 pm. Our volunteers then remain and clean-up the areas, mop the floors, put up the shelving, recycle boxes and complete monthly reports. There is a job for every volunteer!
We also welcome food recipient volunteers. They arrive either at 11 am or 2 pm staying for 5 hours to assist with the duties assigned by the Director for the day. These positions are limited, so check in with the director upon arrival.
Instructions for receiving food:
· There are no income requirements in order to receive food.
· Applications are available at the door if you have not already registered with us.
· Each month you must bring your identification, picture preferred, and one other form of id with your current address on it.
· Bring a box or laundry basket for your food.
· You may choose from two methods of receiving food.
o Select your own food from the food available that day. Wait time usually 1 to 1 ½ hours.
o Select a pre-packed box, wait time usually 20 minutes to 45 minutes.
· Doors open at 3 pm. We ask that you not line up prior to 2:30 pm. Shelter from the weather and bathroom facilities are not available prior to that time.